Camera and Photo Equipment Insurance
Having a break or posing for the camera? Whether you are an enthusiast or a professional photographer, purchasing the right equipment is a significant investment. Even if you take good care of it, accidents can still easily happen.
Enjoying photography to the full
Even if you do not lose your creative thread of ideas, such an event can easily jeopardise the film of your holiday or cause financial loss. Accidental damage, water damage, theft or other problems… with Vander Haeghen your photographic equipment and cameras are all in good hands. All you have to do is press the contact button below and get in touch with us for more information. Whether you have a passion for photography or if you are a professional photographer, we have an insurance policy that can be tailored to your equipment.
What can be insured and for how long?
All new equipment and accessories that are intended for private and/or professional use
What insurance policies are offered?
- Accidental damage;
- Fire and explosion;
- Water damage;
- Forces of nature;
- Lightening, hail, snow and storms;
- Theft with breaking in or violence.
What decrease in value is applied to the insured equipment?
The equipment is insured based on its purchase value for the first 6 months. After 6 months, a decrease of 1% per month is applied up to a maximum of 75%.
What is excluded?
- Any damage due to rust, oxidation, engravings and scratches.
- Any damage due to use which was not in accordance with the manufacturers specifications.
- Any damage due to an electrical fault or an internal electronic fault in the device.
- Any damage resulting from fault or misuse of the device by the policyholder.
- The loss of material.
- Theft without breaking in.
- Vandalism without an identified third party.
- Damage covered by the manufacturers guarantee.
What are the documents required to be able to apply for this insurance?
- Purchase invoice of the equipment and the accessories.
- A completed proposal signed by the policy holder.
What is the excess under these policies?
10% of the damage with a minimum of €250.